Snow Day Activities
Snow Day - Year 2
A snowy day can be great fun, so try to get outside and play! Here are some ideas to keep you busy.
- Practice your spellings outside in the snow.
- Share a snow story with someone in your house.
- We have been looking at poems this week, looking at skills like alliteration, rhyming and similes. See if you can create your own poem using your senses to build your vocabulary.
- We have been looking at shapes this week, see if you can draw your 2D shapes in the snow and have a go at building your 3D shapes. Take pictures to share with the class if you can.
- Make some snowballs, making sure they are the same size. Using different materials e.g. bubble wrap, tea towel, kitchen foil, newspaper or paper towel. See if you can predict which snowball will last the longest before melting and think about why this might be?
When you get too cold and come inside, have a go at these activities.