E-Safety @ Holtspur
What is E-Safety?
E-safety is the safe use of information systems and electronic communications, including the internet, mobile phones and games consoles. It is important that children and young people understand the benefits, risks and responsibilities of using information technology.
- e-safety concerns safeguarding children and young people in the digital world.
- e-safety emphasises learning to understand and use new technologies in a positive way.
- e-safety is less about restriction and more about education about the risks as well as the benefits so we can feel confident online.
- e-safety is concerned with supporting children and young people to develop safer online behaviours both in and out of school.
It is crucial that we work together to keep everyone safe online. At school we use the internet a lot for research, coding and much more. The internet is an exciting place however it is important that children are aware of ways in which they can protect themselves online.
A family agreement is great way to get children and parents on board with how we use the internet safely. This can just be a conversation with your child where you agree some rules around using the internet at home, at school or at a friend’s house.
National Online Safety (NOS) - Keeping Children Safe
We're excited to announce that our FREE mobile app for parents is now available to download via your app store - The app makes our award-winning resources even easier to use by giving you free access through any smart phone. It’s a simple and flexible way to get authoritative, helpful guidance on online safety issues – whenever and wherever you choose.
On the National Online Safety app you'll find:
- Hundreds of online safety guides on the topics you need to know about – from screen addiction, fake news and trolling to hacking, social media influencers and sexting;
- An online safety training course for parents – developed by our experts and delivered by online safety ambassador Myleene Klass;
- A user-friendly interface with increased functionality – find exactly what you need, when you need it;
- The option to get notifications to your phone as soon as new content becomes available – so you can stay up-to-date with the latest online crazes (and risks);
- An in-app voting system so you can help determine the subjects you’d like us to cover in future;
- The facility to personalise your content by favouriting key resources.
We recently sent you a letter with details for you to create your own account for National Online Safety. There are some very relevant user guides available for parents explaining the pros and cons of different platforms available to our children, these are updated every Wednesday ensuring they are current with any new information. We wanted to share with you an example of the type of information that is available - Zoom & Tik Tok are new platforms being used - it is important that we are keeping our children safe online and this scheme can do it all for us. Please log in to set up your account at