Welcome to our Governors’ section
The Governing Board provides strategic leadership and accountability in schools.
It has three key functions:
• Overseeing the financial performance of the school and making sure its money is well spent
• Holding the headteacher to account for the educational performance of the school and its pupils
• Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction
Governors set the aims and objectives for the school and set the policies and targets for achieving those aims and objectives. They monitor and evaluate the progress the school is making and act as a source of challenge and support to the headteacher.
In action, this means:
• Develop the school’s vision and strategy
• Set a culture of high educational standards, which promotes staff and pupil wellbeing
• Ensure the school follows the National Curriculum, and that all pupils, including those with special educational needs (SEN), can access the curriculum
• Monitor provision for pupils with SEN
• Monitor the school’s educational performance, using a range of data sources
• Ensure stakeholders (parents, pupils, staff, the local community) are informed and consulted as appropriate
• Approve the school budget
• Monitor and evaluate the school’s financial performance
• Approve and review school policies, and hold staff to account for their implementation
• Ensure the school is compliant with legal requirements, including that all statutory policies and documents are in place
• Carry out the appointment and performance management of the headteacher
• Monitor and evaluate the school’s staffing structure(s)
• Monitor health and safety in the school
• Work in co-operation with the local authority, having regard to any guidance it issues
Please find below details of how our Governing body is structured, including the names, categories, responsibilities, terms of appointment and attendance for each Governor. We have also provided a Register of Governor Interests & the Annual Report.
If you wish to contact the Governors, please email them on email@example.com
Copies of the current and last academic year minutes for Governing Body meetings, are available by contacting the school office; they will be able to provide you with the relevant documentation.
Confidential minutes are not available to view.