This weeks assembly is from Mrs Blackmore launching the new reading challenge from your library - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tt4s-dsVV7A
Re: Summer Reading Challenge
The Silly Squad
With the disruption caused by COVID-19 and the impact of social distancing on schools and public libraries, The Reading Agency are delivering the 2020 Summer Reading Challenge online. This is a fantastic opportunity to keep children reading over the summer holiday. There is so much for the children to enjoy through the website as well as completing the reading challenge. We know that finding books to read for your Summer Reading Challenge won’t be as easy as popping into the library. Although library buildings are closed at the moment, libraries can still help you find books to read through their virtual services and e-lending platforms. https://summerreadingchallenge.org.uk/how-to-access-books
How to Sign up:
● Children sign up to the website (an adult will also need to create an account to support this process) and create their own profile at www.sillysquad.org.uk (Check the home Zone on the website for full instructions)
● They set their own challenge to read any number of books, with children being encouraged to read anything that makes them happy – whether it be comics, joke books, poetry, fiction or non-fiction; in digital or print format; from e-book lending through the public library service or from what they already have at home.
● Each time they finish a book, they add it to their profile and write a review. They are rewarded with activities and incentives along the way, such as online badges, games and videos.
● Families are encouraged to join in and ‘Get Silly’ with downloadable activities, games, quizzes and more. With new content to enjoy each week, the fun will continue throughout the summer to keep you engaged.
● They receive a downloadable certificate once they’ve completed their challenge!
Happy Reading and we look forward to seeing your Certificates in September!
Click here for more information.